Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Changing tides

I have now moved to my seventh state and my 9th place of residence in the past 10 years, for someone who isn't a military brat that is quite a few.  Although moving can be tiring (making "home" a fluid concept), change has for the most part always been a good thing that came at the right moment for me.  Choosing to live 12hrs away from my husband so that I can attend grad school to better our family's future was definitely the hardest choice I've had to make.  For those of you who know Jeremy and I, it is easy to think "that if any couple can live apart for that long it is them," since we lived 3hrs apart for my 4 years of undergrad.  But being a long-distance couple is never easy but as fortune would have it we were lucky enough to spend our first year of marriage actually living under the same roof.  So now, although I am so far very happy with IU, I am missing my life with Jeremy and Leela.  Now I come home to an apartment with nothing to do in the evenings except to fix dinner for one and go to sleep with no hubby or dog cuddling next to me.

I am sure I could go on for hours about all the little things I will miss but I'm not going to. Instead I am starting up my blog again (because keeping busy always helps) and although I was writing this as an anonymous online diary (which explains the previous entries) I have decided to go the other way with this.  I hope to share all of my adventures over the next three years of grad school with anyone willing to read this and fingers crossed that Jeremy and I will have some new adventures together to share too.  After all, being 12 hours apart means plenty of the U.S. between us that neither of us has really explored, so there should be plenty of interesting road trips in the coming years.

But until next time I hope you have enjoyed the ramblings of a giant!

No comments:

Post a Comment