Sunday, June 12, 2011

Another year gone by...

It has come and gone again, that magic time of year when you turn another year older! So new adventures that happened in this past year....my 23rd year: got married, moved to Oklahoma (my 6th state to live in), rented a house, became a nanny, avoided tornadic storms while driving across several states, my dog got out of her chewing phase, hosted my first Superbowl and Halloween parties, became a gardener, learned(ing) how to budget, first credit card, began refinishing my first pieces of furniture, bought my first Christmas tree, our house flooded, built bookshelves as a couple, got and learned how to grill, used yeast for the first time while cooking, first time we rode an airplane together (as a couple), camped in a tent in the living room, first time my husband and I have lived in the same city while being a couple, learned oil painting techniques, my husband's first stitches, moved to Indiana (my first northern state), and oh yes...I got married (important enough to repeat). :)  Now I have had my first birthday in Indiana and it was great. As I am entering my 24th year it is hard not to think about all of the adventures that are going to be coming my way this next year: starting my first year of grad school in August, spending my first holidays with only my husband and puppy, designing my first show in grad school, and of course all of the misadventures that will happen in between that I can't even imagine yet. Those of course are what make life interesting......all of the misadventures which turn out not to be a "mis" after all.

1 comment:

  1. What a magical few years you guys have had... I'm so proud of how mature, self-possessed, creative and dedicated you are, Lauren! Jeremy too! I love and admire you both.

    XOXO Mom

    ReplyDelete