Friday, July 15, 2011

A Week Without The Vroom

I realize that it has been a while since I last wrote but you will have to forgive me. Having my contract at work end soon is not making work slow down like I hoped. Last night Comedy of Errors opened and next Thursday Ah Wilderness opens so I have been working a lot of extra hours. But outside of work the most interesting thing to happen to me was driving a different car all week.

Monday morning I took my 2008 Honda Fit to a body shop to get the very minor repairs fixed from my little fender bender a month ago. Of course a guy from Enterprise came to pick me up from the body shop and take me back to their headquarters to get my rental. Last summer I had to get the exact same area on my car fixed after my mother-in-law backed into it while pulling out of the drive way. When I got a rental from Enterprise that time I was given a very blah Kia Rio, you still had to hand crank to roll the windows up and down. So to my pleasant surprise when I rented this time I didn't get a Kia I got a definite upgrade. Every boy's dream.....a black 2010 Dodge Charger.


At first I was very excited to be driving around this updated muscle car. Of course the interior is much nicer and bigger than my Fit's. But by the end of my week I was kind of disappointed with it. When you drive a muscle car you expect to hear the wonderful car noises from all the great car chase movies like Bullitt. Instead on the model I had it felt like driving any big sedan. So I was very glad to get my little Honda Fit back this morning. Since I have driven it for over a year now I had almost forgotten all of the wonderful noises it makes. I was very happy to hear the vroom vroom again.

No comments:

Post a Comment