Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oh Yes.....Harry Potter!!!

Unlike my siblings I did not rush to go see the final Harry Potter at midnight, which I am sure was a lot of fun.  Instead I felt like I had to do the final film justice. So I invited some friends over to my place on Saturday afternoon to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and eat dinner before we went to see Part 2.


We decided to have breakfast for dinner just to mix it up from our usual get together dinners.  So instead of making pancakes or even normal french toast I made, for the first time, overnight blueberry stuffed french toast. I was very happy with the final product and it seemed everyone else was too. It was a very heavy recipe but I lightened it up to make it feasible for Weight Watchers.

 

After we got done with Part 1 and dinner we headed over to the movie theater.  We were smart and got our tickets in advance and got to the theater 40 minutes early so we got very good seats. Although it seemed a little fast the movie was awesome!! As a big fan of the books I wish they had put more about Professor Dumbledore's family in the movie instead of just the really brief mention of his siblings at the very end.  But that is just being nit picky, I really loved the movie!

It is kind of weird to think that the franchise is over both book and movie wise.  I am a part of the original Harry Potter generation; I was 11 years old (the same age as Harry in the first book) when the Sorcerer's Stone, Book 1 was first released in the US. So starting from the books and now through the movies Harry Potter has been around for half my life.  It is interesting that our parents and grandparents generations were defined by the wars and political actions of the time but my generation's adolescence can be defined by Harry Potter.  How the times have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment